By Richard V. Craster, Sébastien Guenneau
About the publication: This publication is the 1st accomplished overview on acoustic metamaterials; novel fabrics that may control sound waves in staggering methods, which come with collimation, focusing, cloaking, sonic screening and amazing transmission. It covers either experimental and theoretical elements of acoustic and elastic waves propagating in established composites, with a spotlight on powerful homes linked to destructive refraction, lensing and cloaking. so much comparable books within the box tackle electromagnetic metamaterials and concentrate on numerical tools, and little (or no) experimental part. each one bankruptcy should be authored by means of an said specialist, among the subjects coated could be experimental effects on non-destructive imaging, cloaking by way of floor water waves, flexural waves in skinny plates. purposes in clinical ultrasound imaging and modeling of metamaterials can be emphasised too. The publication can function a reference for researchers who desire to construct a fantastic starting place of wave propagation during this category of novel materials.
Read or Download Acoustic Metamaterials: Negative Refraction, Imaging, Lensing and Cloaking PDF
Similar imaging systems books
The second one variation of a bestseller, this publication is a realistic advisor to photo processing for the usual and technical sciences neighborhood. scholars, practitioners, and researchers can achieve speedy entry to a legitimate simple wisdom of photo processing by way of referencing normal ideas within the common sciences.
Specializes in contemporary ways and methods in laptop imaginative and prescient and photograph processing (CVIP) purposes improvement. Showcasing the main influential advancements, experiments, and architectures impacting the electronic, surveillance, car, business, and clinical sciences, this text/reference tracks the evolution and development of CVIP technologies—examining equipment and algorithms for photo research, optimization, segmentation, and recovery.
Senior is a longtime center textual content in a box that's turning out to be speedy, and in which technology is continually evolving. The textual content succeeds in giving a realistic advent to the basics, difficulties and methods of layout and utilisation of optical fiber structures. it really is revered because the such a lot entire and useful booklet out there.
There exists a wide number of snapshot reconstruction tools proposed through assorted authors (see e. g. Pratt (1978), Rosenfeld and Kak (1982), Marr (1982)). number of a suitable strategy for a selected challenge in picture research has been regularly regarded as an artwork. how to define the picture reconstruction strategy that's optimum in a few feel?
- Document and Image Compression
- The structure and properties of color spaces and the representation of color images
- Image processing and data analysis
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Methods and Biologic Applications
- Image Encryption: A Communication Perspective
Extra info for Acoustic Metamaterials: Negative Refraction, Imaging, Lensing and Cloaking
76) 1 Fundamentals of Acoustic Metamaterials 37 Fig. 24 The dispersion curves for the piecewise homogeneous string. Panel (a) is for r = 1/4, β = 1 showing the absence of the fundamental mode and the curves from the full numerics (solid) versus the asymptotics (dashed). Panel (b) shows the variation of the lowest frequency cut-off at (0) κ = 0, namely k0 , versus the change in wavespeed r for various values of β. 5 in panel (c). [From ] that is it separates into a standing wave solution on the fast scale U0 (ξ ; k0 ) modulated by a long-scale function f (X).
At intersection between blue dotted lines (sound cone) and second dispersion curve. 45, a lensing effect is also achieved by tilting the array through an angle π/4, what corresponds to waves propagating with negative group velocity in the CA direction in Fig. 10. Note that one can translate the sound cone from point A to point C, to estimate the frequency of such all-angle-negative refraction  20 S. V. e. u = 0 where the bridges meet the region outside Ω). Here, the constant is chosen in such a way that the average of the field over the basic cell vanishes, as should be expected for a localized (stationary) field.
20. We note that the stop bands correspond to Mie resonances of the cylinders, see Fig. 18. However, if the contrast is not large enough, the stop bands cannot form as the contrast in shear modulus is only on the order of 10, and the whole theory breaks down, see Fig. 16. Similar results hold for 30 S. V. Craster Fig. 01. 647] whereby the group velocity is negative on the optical band of the low frequency stop band in Fig. 17. 624 Fig. 01. 534] whereby the group velocity is negative on the optical band of the low frequency stop band in Fig.