By Gail B. Slap MD MS
This concise, evidence-based source covers all of contemporary need-to-know info to quick and successfully diagnose and deal with universal adolescent conditions...in an incredibly hassle-free structure. simply because it is so compact, clinically orientated, and simple to learn, Adolescent medication: The requirements in Pediatrics is a perfect learn device in addition to a handy reference for perform.
- Includes specified discussions on distinctive future health concerns, universal clinical difficulties, sexual and reproductive health and wellbeing, behavioral difficulties, and the transition to grownup wellbeing and fitness care that can assist you achieve a greater figuring out of the original wishes of the adolescent sufferer.
- Features a logical, constant bankruptcy structure that is helping you discover the tips you would like quick.
- Presents ample tables, differential diagnoses, lab values/radiologic experiences, treatment/therapy strategies, and assistance on while to consult a expert equipping you for each scientific problem.
- Discusses controversies in regards to the general of care as a result of thought-provoking medical eventualities that will help you to figure out the easiest plan of action in tricky events.
- Provides highlighted bins that emphasize correct case stories, key issues of every part, and different very important info making you conscious of concerns that effect latest perform.
- Uses a wealth of illustrations so that you can see info extra clearly.
Read Online or Download Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics) PDF
Similar pediatrics books
From beginning to 5 Years, in accordance with the pioneering paintings of Mary Sheridan, is extensively considered as the go-to reference for well-being, schooling and social care pros, or an individual fascinated with the developmental growth of pre-school young ones. during this new fourth variation, the textual content has been constructed to additional align it with present baby improvement philosophies and practices, and to help the broader staff of pros which are now required to take steps for selling children’s improvement as a part of their evaluate and administration plans.
This very hot textbook offers a distinct medical reference for all pediatric surgeons. This new version analyzes and updates what's identified approximately long term results in pediatric surgical procedure and urology. The editors have succeeded in bringing jointly serious stories written via prime foreign specialists in pediatric surgical procedure and urology.
Paediatrics at a look is a concise, well-illustrated and available consultant to all features of paediatric drugs. Following the easy-to-use At a look layout, every one double web page unfold includes a diagram summarising the most differential diagnoses for every offering symptom, with accompanying textual content which covers very important stipulations and administration concerns in additional element.
- The Washington Manual of Pediatrics
- Child and Infant Pain: Principles of Nursing Care and Management
- Evidence-based otitis media
- Comprehensive Pediatric Nephrology
- Emergency Care for Children: Growing Pains (Future of Emergency Care)
Additional info for Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics)
In Samour PQ, King K (eds): Handbook of Pediatric Nutrition, 3rd ed. : 2005, pp. 108–110. Neinstein LS, Schack LE: Nutrition. In Neinstein LS (ed): Adolescent Health Care: A Practical Guide. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2002, pp. 170–185. Neovius M, Linne Y, Rossner S: BMI, waist-circumference and waist-hip-ratio as diagnostic tests for fatness in adolescents. Int J Obes (Lond) 2002;29:163–169. : Are family meal patterns associated with disordered eating behaviors among adolescents?
Box 6-2 summarizes the major responsibilities of the PCP to the adolescent and family. The tasks apply broadly to all chronic health conditions and consider current and future developmental needs. Disease-specific management goes hand-in-hand with these broader goals and may fall within the purview of the PCP and/or subspecialist. For example, the PCP may choose to manage asthma alone and co-manage cystic fibrosis. Regardless of the delineation, common goals should be the coordination of disease-specific care and the provision of comprehensive primary and preventive care.
Department of Health and Human Services, 2000. , Home and Garden Bulletin No. 232. S. Government Printing Office. pdf. Accessed May 17, 2007. 3 Limit these nutrients 4 Get enough of these nutrients Calories 250 Calories from Fat 110 % Daily Value 6 Total Fat 12g 18% Quick guide Saturated Fat 3g 15% to % DV Trans Fat 3g • 5% or less 10% is low Cholesterol 30 mg 20% Sodium 470mg 10% • 20% or more Total Carbohydrate 31g 0% is high Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 5g Protein 5g Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron 4% 2% 20% 4% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.